Our Journey

We all need a little motivation when it comes to fitness. The purpose of this blog is to do just that. It is a story of success, failure, struggle, and triumph! My goal is to offer advice and real life experiences. Please offer your own advice, tips, and goals. Together we can change our lives and others... One Hour at a Time!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Case of the Mundays!

Day 1:
On Monday, March 22, 2010 Ray and I started back at the gym. Last week we took a "break." Once again I had made excuses about being tired and potentially getting myself sick. I honestly searched for any excuse in the book for my husband to say... "ok we'll just stay in tonight." And that's exactly what we did last week. We stayed in and watched more taped DVR episodes of our favorite shows. On top of that... we were also too lazy to fix healthy meals. So we did what anyone would do... we ordered out. What's funny is that the reality is not only is this meal 100% worse for you but also with the time it takes for it to be delivered, you could have prepared a meal that was... 1. Tastier...2. Healthier...3. Quicker. So really we are the only ones that lost out in that battle.

Everyday is a brand new start...
On Monday we went to the gym at 6AM at our apartment and worked out for an hour before work. We both alternated the elliptical and the tread mill. I've found one of the best work outs to do a little over 2 miles on the elliptical and about 2-3 miles on the treadmill while carrying weights. I'll be honest Monday I felt great. I had more energy. I ate well. I even drank about 3-4 bottles of water. (Same bottle just refilled. I will be getting an eco friendly bottle to use more often)

400 (or more) calories burned in an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment