Our Journey

We all need a little motivation when it comes to fitness. The purpose of this blog is to do just that. It is a story of success, failure, struggle, and triumph! My goal is to offer advice and real life experiences. Please offer your own advice, tips, and goals. Together we can change our lives and others... One Hour at a Time!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Marathon in the Making 2008

In 2008 our best friends had decided to make a New Years Resolution that would really transform our lives to take our health and fitness to the next level. Michael and Kristin wanted to run a Marathon and Half Marathon respectively by the end of the year for The Dallas White Rock Marathon.

In the beginning I was completely against it. We had tried to run a simple 5K in college and I could barely maneuver the strength to complete that. I did say I would work out with them. Finally one day I included myself and mentioned "we" in regards to running the half... and from then on Kristin kept me at my word.

I'll be honest. It was tough work. From January to April we walked a 3 mile path 4 times a week at a park behind our apartment complex. Starting in April we began to run and then eventually added more miles as the schedule deemed necessary. While this was probably one of the hardest things I have done thus far in my life, it was also one of the most rewarding accomplishments I have ever had. Believe me we experienced it all. I laughed; I cried; I felt as though I was going to have a heart attack; I rolled my ankle 3 times; I had my best friend carry me a mile; Ray literally ran to "pick me up"; We ran in a lightning storm; We saw crazy animals at 5Am in the morning; We ran by snakes, skunks, and possums oh my; Rain or shine... with lots of blood, sweat and tears... we accomplished our goal! Anything is truly possible... you simply need motivation and a lot of heart!

Enjoy pictures of our year in training:

Running on hot summer days

The wonderful value of TP

Yoga

Ran 2.5 miles straight

Running in the rain

White Rock Lake Practice


Finding time to run while at home

Running in lightning storms

It's not always pretty

Get your game face on

Bridge to our park

Mt. Everest

Welcome to our running path

Park behind the apartment complex

Mock Half Marathon. Boys ran 22 miles at White Rock

But look what one can accomplish when you put
your heart in it:)

Dallas White Rock Marathon Dallas 2008

White Rock Marathon & Half: Dallas 2008


Cow Town Half Marathon: Fort Worth 2009

Angie's Half Crazy Half Marathon: Houston March 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment